||New Job Calendar
Congratulations! You got that great new job!
Here's what to expect as you begin your new job.
- Fill out forms for taxes, insurance, retirement plan, and other payroll deductions. Some employers may provide you with a packet of information and forms to fill out at home. Bring them back the next day.
- Get a copy of the employee handbook.
- Go through orientation, if the company offers it.
- Meet with your boss to review expectations and receive your first assignment.
- Introduce yourself to coworkers.
- Arrange your desk, locker, or work space.
- Read employee handbook.
- Start to perform the duties of the position.
- Learn the job's culture. There are always unwritten rules of procedure and behavior that a new employee will pick up. Be aware of these unspoken expectations.
- Observe, listen, and learn. Ask questions when you're not clear about something.
- Find a mentor (an experienced coworker) who can show you the ropes of the company and your position.
- Visit the personnel or human resources office if you don't understand some of the benefits, policies, or procedures.