||Tips for Building a Good Credit Record
A good credit record is not something that just happensit must be built up over time.
If you've been in debt and have missed some payments, rebuilding a good credit record could take a few years. But rebuilding your credit record is something you definitely can do.
Here are some tips to help keep you on track. Some of them you can use now. Others may help you in the future.
- Pay basic expensessuch as rent and utilitieson time.
- Pay loans before you spend money on new purchases.
- Make all loan payments on time.
- If you are using a checking account, don't bounce checks.
- If you have a credit card, avoid using it until it is paid off, or think about canceling it.
- Use a financial calendar to keep up with your bills.